Nov 19 in Small e-Business Written by: Harris
“Free shipping & handling” allows the customer to shop around, focussed on your product, and free of any fear they will be slapped with fees around the next corner, or unreasonable shipping fees at the very last moment.
Don’t include shipping cost in price if;
- You sell heavy items
- You sell large items
- You offer international shipping
- You sell very competitive, brand products (customers will compare your price to your competition)
- Your products
Consider including shipping cost in price if:
- You sell small, light items
- You don’t sell highly competitive band name products (whose price can be easily compared)
- You only ship locally
Customers need Reassurances
Whatever you do, be sure to reassure the customer that they will be treated with kindness when it’s time to add shipping & handling fees.
- Tell them there is no additional handling fee.
- Offer free shipping for order quantities
- Make shipping calculation available before checkout
- Offer multiple shipping methods
- Offer pickup if possible